Monday, November 14, 2011

4 years later and what's changed?

Seriously, it's been almost 5yrs since I started this blog and almost 4yrs since my last entry? Dang...I need to get on the ball here. Since my last post, I had my 2nd daughter and now have 2 beautiful little girls who keep me hopping, and married to an awesome guy. I also work and I'm trying to balance it all. A lot has changed and yet much has stayed the same. That's the Coles notes version of my story. This post is sort of like reading the last page of a book before reading the book. I haven't spoiled much but given you a sneak-peak at what happens.

Where does one even begin when it comes to recapping so much. Reading my 1st post brought up a lot of raw emotions that I had forgotten about. I was in a dark place. I didn't know if I'd ever hear the precious sound of my child's voice call me Mama (nor did I know how long that would be to hear given my oldest daughter has a speech delay and is in speech therapy) and I had no idea what was ahead of me. Little did I know it wouldn't be an easy ride!

I love my life and yet I don't take it for granted. I'll do my best to fill in the gaps from the past 5yrs. The journey of infertility and recurrent miscarriages is a daunting one and not something I've ever wish on anybody. It's marked with pain, insecurity, and doubt but I'm a survivour. My journey is marked with humour and sorrow. I'm all over the place when it comes to my thoughts. I want to share a lot and yet I don't know where to begin.

So bare with me as I go through this. I can't promise that you'll like where it'll lead you but I can promise you it'll be a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment